Permits and lighting fires

You must have a permit to light a fire in the NT fire protection zones.

To find out how, when and where you need a permit to light a fire in the Northern Territory (NT) on the SecureNT.

For information about permits in rural areas, contact Bushfires NT.

Last updated: 05 March 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.