Applications are now open for environmental officers.
Make a contribution to the Territory’s environmental protection and join a team of driven professionals that work hard every day to progress and development to happen in the Territory – but only if it happens the right way.
Vacancies currently exist across our 3 professional grades including:
- graduate environmental officers (Professional 1)
- experienced environmental officers (Professional 2)
- senior environmental officers (Professional 3).
An environmental officer career will take you across the Territory, from the tropical warmth and magnificent sunsets of the Top End to the beautiful red rocky south. The Territory has something for everyone.
There is no place like quite like the Territory, and we believe it is worth protecting!
You will be on the front line of environmental protection in the Territory, ensuring business complies with the Territory’s environmental laws.
We regulate everything from contaminated land and landfills to the onshore gas and LNG industries. We are also transitioning the Territory to a circular economy by phasing out of single use plastics and working with the community, local businesses and local councils to give waste a value, which keeps it inside the economy and outside of the environment.
Skills and experience are sought in relation to environmental regulation, including:
- environmental assessment and approval
- compliance monitoring and auditing
- enforcement action, including investigations and prosecutions.
What you need is a willingness to:
- learn, engage and open your mind to continual growth
- work with a wide range of stakeholders
- travel to remote areas and, on occasion, work outside normal hours.
In return you will receive:
- a competitive salary package
- 6 weeks recreation leave
- relocation and travel assistance if required
- an opportunity to visit and protect some of the most beautiful and untouched places in Australia.
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes to be on the front line ensuring progress happens in line with our environmental laws and if you enjoy working in a team while enjoying one of the best lifestyles Australia has to offer, then we want to hear from you.
Read more about the opportunities as an environmental officer with the Northern Territory Government .
Get the job description and apply on NTG jobs website now for:
Last updated: 09 November 2022
Share this page:URL copied!