Mobile food vans in our parks and reserves
Small business owners with a mobile food van can apply for permit to operate in a NT parks and reserves.
Applications are open to all parks across the NT.
Joint managed parks applications will need the approval of Traditional Owners.
To apply for a permit you must:
- Have a registered business name and Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered with Department of Health
- provide the sale of food and/or drinks only
- be self-sufficient with power, water supplies and waste
- have public and product liability insurance for at least $10 million
- show how the proposed operation will benefit the public and community
Before you apply
Prepare the following information:
- A detailed site plan of your proposed location of operation
- A photo and description of your food/coffee van
- Any requirements such as power, water or use of your own generator (if required)
- Preferred days and time of operation
Permit fees depend on the location to an urban area with options various expiry options.
A security deposit of $1,000 per site on top of permit fees applies.
|Permit Type||Urban |
(within 30km radius of a city or town)
(outside 30km radius of city or town)
|Multi-year – 2 years||$4,500||$1,000|
|Multi-year – 3 years||$6,000||$2,000|
How to apply
Parks and Wildlife Permits Office Darwin
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
Phone 08 8999 4486
Last updated: 11 July 2022
Share this page:URL copied!