Berry Springs Water Allocation Plan
The Berry Springs Water Allocation Plan 2016-2026 was declared on 2 August 2016. The plan applies to an area of 105km2 within the Darwin Rural Water Control District, enclosing the Berry Springs Dolostone Aquifer System.
The plan will operate for ten years and will be reviewed no more than five years from commencement, a review is scheduled for 2021.
The Berry Springs Water Allocation Plan provides a management framework for sustainably sharing water between human and environmental needs.
Berry Springs Water Advisory Committee
The review of the Berry Springs Water Allocation Plan has commenced and the Minister for Environment is seeking expressions of interests for the re-establishment of the Berry Springs Water Advisory Committee.
The Committee’s general functions are to:
- Review and provide advice and recommendations to the Northern Territory Government about the performance of the current Berry Springs Water Allocation Plan (2016-2026) .
- Bring relevant expertise, knowledge, skills, perspectives and opinions related to beneficial uses of water and water management in the Plan area and canvass the views of stakeholders and the broader community.
Written expressions of interest should demonstrate the contribution that the nominee can make to the Committee.
Expressions of interest close Friday 15 October 15 2021.
Completed forms should be directed to:
- Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security
Berry Springs Water Advisory Committee Secretariat
PO Box 496
Palmerston NT 0831
Or Email: email@example.com
- The 2020-2021 Announced Allocations for Berry Springs is at 100% .
- The 2019-2020 Announced Allocations for Berry Springs is at 100%.
- The 2018-2019 Announced Allocations for Berry Springs is at 100%.
- The 2017-2018 Announced Allocations for Berry Springs is at 100%.
Water allocation plan background
These documents will give you background on the Berry Springs Dolostone Aquifer Water Allocation Plan.
- Berry Springs Dolostone Aquifer - The Facts
- Berry Springs Situation Analysis
- Socio-Economic Assessment Report
- Groundwater Resources of Berry Springs 1994
- GDE's in Berry Springs 2009
- Berry Springs - Development of Groundwater Flow Model
For more information contact the Darwin Water Resources Planner 08 8999 4613.
Last updated: 01 October 2021
Share this page:URL copied!