Floodplain maps have been developed for populated areas which lie along river reaches that have the potential to flood. Floodplain maps show the depth and extent of inundation caused when rivers rise above their banks.
Floodplain modelling and mapping has been completed, for the following areas in the Northern Territory.
1. Rapid Creek
2. Elizabeth and Blackmore Rivers
- Elizabeth and Blackmore River Catchments – Sheet 1
- Elizabeth and Blackmore River Catchments – Sheet 2
- Elizabeth and Blackmore Rivers Information Sheet
3. Katherine River
4. Communities of Beswick, Mataranka, Djilkminggan and Elsey Station
6. Alice Springs
- Alice Springs Town Area – Sheet 1
- Alice Springs Rural Area West – Sheet 2
- Alice Springs Rural Area East – Sheet 3
- Alice Springs Flood Information Sheet
For further information contact:
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
Project Manager, Lands Planning Division
Phone: (08) 8999 3937
Last updated: 15 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!