Terms and conditions - Northern Territory Parks Booking System
1. Parties referred to in these Terms and Conditions:
- Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security represented by the Parks and Wildlife Commission of the Northern Territory (“the Commission”, “our”), the Conservation Land Corporation (“the Corporation”) and the Northern Territory of Australia (“the Territory”); and
- Booking Holder and their guests.
2. These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the Northern Territory Parks Booking System (the Booking System).
3. The Terms and Conditions contain important information. It is essential that parties carefully read and understand them as they constitute a legally binding contract between the Booking Holder and the Commission.
4. The Commission reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions that apply to the use of the Booking System at any time.
5. By agreeing to use this service, or setting up an Account in the Booking System, it does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to the Booking Holder by any department or agency of the Northern Territory; and
- reduce any obligation the Booking Holder owes to any department or agency of the Northern Territory.
Booking Holder’s Responsibilities
The Booking Holder must:
6. keep their account username and password secure at all times;
7. not permit any other person to use their username and password;
8. change their password regularly;
9. use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect their computer systems. The Commission is not liable to them if the security of their Booking System account or bookings are compromised as a result of a failure to protect their computer systems.
The Commission’s Responsibilities
10. reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions in the Booking System. Bookings cannot be made unless the user of the system accepts the Terms and Conditions;
11. has responsibilities relating to the security and privacy of the Booking Holder’s information and transactions. For more information about how we protect users privacy and personal information, please see our Privacy statement;
12. will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that information is not corrupted, changed or stolen; and
13. will take reasonable care in providing the information and services through the Booking System website. However, we cannot accept liability for any loss that could arise as a result of the use of the Booking System, including Booking System accounts. If a problem or loss is caused by the information included the Booking System account or because a user’s computer was compromised in some way, the Commission will not take responsibility any loss or damage.
14. In order to proceed with a booking purchase, Booking Holders must accept the Terms and Conditions.
15. Bookings can only be made for those intending to use the campsite at the time booked for. No speculative bookings are permitted.
16. Once payment has been confirmed, a receipt of purchase, booking tag(s) and any other relevant information will be sent to the email address nominated on the Booking Holder’s account. Booking Holders can view or print a copy of their receipt or tag(s) by logging into their account and opening ‘Your Account > All Bookings’.
17. The booking confirmation or camping tag must be readily available either electronically or in printed form, at all times and must be produced for inspection upon request by a Conservation Officer, Park Ranger or the Police.
General rules and expected behaviour
18. The Booking Holder and their guests who enter the Park or Reserve do so entirely at their own risk and the Commission, the Corporation and the Territory accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury of whatsoever nature to the Booking Holder or their guest or any other person, arising out of or in connection with the presence of the Booking holder or their guest.
19. All campground bookings operate on a first come first served basis and cannot be reserved unless the Booking System allows a specific campsite to be booked.
20. The Booking Holder should arrive no earlier than 12pm on the first day of camping and depart no later than 11am on the last day of the booking.
21. The Booking Holder and their guests must comply with:
- a) all regulations or rules made by the Commission and all Statutes, By-laws and Regulations in force in the Northern Territory;
- b) the Terms and Conditions (this document);
- c) signs located at the entrance and within the Park; and
- d) any reasonable direction given by a Commission Conservation Officer, Police Officer or emergency services.
22. The Booking Holder and their guests shall not drive nor permit to be driven any vehicle other than on designated roads or in designated parking and camping areas.
23. The Booking Holder and their guests must camp in designated camping areas only.
24. All campsites must be left in a clean and tidy state upon departure and rubbish removed (where bins aren’t provided).
25. Noise must be kept to a minimum between 10pm and 7am.
26. No pets are permitted unless authorised by the Commission.
27. No drones are permitted unless authorised by the Commission.
28. The lighting of fires is not permitted other than in designated fireplaces provided at each campsite or in accordance with Park signage. Bring your own firewood, or collect along the road before entering the campground. Cutting wood in the campground is not permitted.
29.Generators are not permitted unless authorised by the Commission or where a sign states “Generators Permitted”.
Prices and payments
30. All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST (Goods and Services Tax).
31. Full payment is required at time of booking.
32. Accepted credit cards are Mastercard and Visa.
33. Bookings made online will automatically be charged to your credit card via the 3D secure payment network. Card and/or bank-related security questions may need to be completed.
34. Card and security details are not held by the Commission.
35. Any fees for modifications made to a booking will be charged at the time a modification is made.
36. Prices and other details may change without notice.
37. If the booking holder is a club, association, school group or non-profit organisation, the booking holder shall effect and keep effected a comprehensive "all risks" liability policy inclusive of public liability and claims arising out of the booking confirmation of not less than ten million dollars ($10,000,000) for any single event, which policy shall be endorsed to include the indemnity given by the booking holder herein.
Cancellations and modifications
38. The full Camping and Walking Fees - Cancellation and Modification Policy can be found here.
39. Cancellations and modifications can be made online by the account holder.
40. Additional fees will be charged to the account holder for any modification or cancellation that the Commission is requested to perform on behalf of the Booking Holder.
Modifications can be made to bookings via the online booking system, subject to the follow conditions:
41. Modifications that increase the value of the booking through adding people or days, can be made to bookings that are more than one (1) day in the future.
42. Modifications that decrease the value of the booking by reducing the number of people or nights cannot be made within:
- 30 days before the booking start date in low visitation campgrounds and multi-day walks; or
- 14 days before the booking start date in high visitation campgrounds.
43. Modifications that decrease the value of the booking by reducing the number of people or nights can be made:
- more than 30 days before the booking start date in low visitation campgrounds and multi-day walks; or
- more than 14 days before the booking start date in high visitation campgrounds.
Cancellation period and refund amount
44. All cancellations made more than 30 calendar days prior to the booking start date will be eligible for 50% refund automatically processed through the Booking system
45. All cancellations made within 30 calendar days prior to the booking start date will not be eligible for a refund automatically processed through the Booking system.
46. Summary of cancellation and refund amounts:
|Days prior to the booking start date||Activity the booking relates to||Percentage of refund|
|More than 30||50%|
|Between 0 and 30||No refund|
47. Refunds of more than 50% or within 30 days of a booking start date may be considered by the Commission in extenuating circumstances however these will not be processed by the Booking System.
48. Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the commencement of the booking are processed in the Booking System according to the Policy statements set out above (section 46-48).
49. Refunds can only be credited to the original credit card or account used to purchase the booking.
50. An administration fee of 10% of the total booking amount applies when refunds are processed by a Commission staff member by phone, through email or in person.
51. The Commission will not refund any part of the amount paid in case of delayed arrival or early departure, or if fewer campers than booked occupy the camp site unless the booking is modified in accordance with the section 46-48 above.
52. Refund will be processed at the time changes are made and may take up to two weeks to appear on bank statements.
53. Refunds will be considered due to declared emergencies, pandemics, Park closures and must be applied for. More information can be found in the Camping and Walking Fees - Cancellation and Modification Policy.
Last updated: 07 March 2022
Share this page:URL copied!