Ti Tree Water Allocation Plan
This water allocation plan follows the Ti Tree Region Water Resource Strategy (DIPE 2002) and the Ti Tree Region Water Allocation Plan (NRETAS 2009).
The plan was developed following consultation with stakeholders and the local community, including the Ti Tree Water Advisory Committee and Anmatyerr Kwaty Advisory Committee.
The community consultation clearly identified that it is important to allow use of water for public water supply and horticulture, but not at the expense of the natural environment or cultural values. The Ti Tree Community Engagement Report 2019 summarises consultation on the development of a new plan.
The plan acknowledges that important dreaming trails associated with water, including the Kwaty or Rain Dreaming and Hailstone and Lightening Dreaming trails, run through Anmatyerr country.
The plan establishes guidelines for protection of these important environmental and cultural values.
In accordance with the Water Act 1992, a review of the Ti Tree plan will occur in 2024/25.
For more information refer to the Western Davenport and Ti Tree Water Advisory Committee.
- The Potential Use for Groundwater Use by Vegetation
- Ti Tree Water Allocation Plan 2009
- Ti Tree Basin Water Resource Report 2009
- Ti Tree Region Water Resource Strategy 2002
- Ti Tree Water Allocation Plan 2014 Gazettal
- Development of a groundwater model for the Ti Tree Basin
- Ti Tree Kids "Save Water" E-book
Last updated: 21 December 2021
Share this page:URL copied!