Ti Tree Water Allocation Plan
This is a new water allocation plan. It follows the Ti Tree Region Water Resource Strategy (DIPE 2002) and the Ti Tree Region Water Allocation Plan (NRETAS 2009) (a revision of the 2002 strategy).
The plan was developed following consultation with stakeholders and the local community, including the Ti Tree Water Advisory Committee and Anmatyerr Kwaty Advisory Committee.
What the community consultation clearly identified was that it is important to allow use of water for public water supply and horticulture, however it should not be at the expense of the natural environment or cultural values. The Ti Tree Community Engagement Report 2019 summarises consultation on the development of a new plan.
The new plan acknowledges that important dreaming trails associated with water, including the Kwaty or Rain Dreaming and Hailstone and Lightening Dreaming trails, run through Anmatyerr country.
The plan establishes guidelines for protection of these important environmental and cultural values.
For more information refer to the Ti Tree Water Advisory Committee.
- The Potential Use for Groundwater Use by Vegetation
- Ti Tree Water Allocation Plan 2009
- Ti Tree Water Resource Report 2009
- Ti Tree Region Water Resource Strategy 2002
- Ti Tree Water Allocation Plan 2014 Gazettal
- Development of a groundwater model for the Ti Tree Basin
- Ti Tree Basin Aquifer Map
- Ti Tree Water Control District Map
- Ti Tree Kids "Save Water" E-book
Last updated: 19 February 2020
Share this page: