Greenhouse Gas Emissions Offsets Policy
The Territory Government has an objective to transition the Territory’s economy to a low carbon economy.
This objective is reflected in the Territory’s target of net zero emissions by 2050 established by the Climate Change response.
The Climate Change Response includes a range of actions designed to support the achievement of this target. One of these actions is the development of a Greenhouse Gas Emissions Offsets Policy under the Northern Territory Offsets Framework. This policy will guide the use of offsets as a tool to support the decarbonisation of industry in the Territory.
A draft Greenhouse Gas Emissions Offsets Policy, which incorporates the Technical Guidelines was released for public consultation from 1 September 2021 to 15 October 2021.
Read the Consultation Draft
- 10 Deserts Project
- Aboriginal Medical Services Alliance NT
- Anindilyakwa Land Council
- Arid Lands Environment Centre
- Arnhem Land Fire Abatement (NT)
- Association of Mining and Exploration Companies
- The Australia Institute
- Australian Parents for Climate Action
- Australian Petroelum Production and Exploration Association
- Australian Services Union
- Central Australian Frack Free Alliance
- City of Darwin
- Climate Action Darwin
- Common Grace
- Darwin Parents 4 Climate Action
- Environment Centre NT
- Environmental Defenders Office
- Environment Institute Australia and New Zealand
- Forestry Industry Association
- Friends of the Earth Australia
- Fridays For Future Central Australia
- Indigenous Carbon Industry Network
- Landari PL
- Lock the Gate Alliance
- Minerals Council of Australia NT
- Northern Land Council
- NT Farmers
- Port Phillip Emergency Climate Action Network
- Sun Cable
- Unions NT
- The Wilderness Society
- Warddeken Land Management Ltd
- Individual Submissions (consolidated)
Last updated: 19 November 2021
Share this page:URL copied!