For information on climate change in the Northern Territory (NT), go to the Climate Change NT website.
For information on environmental impact assessments, waste management and pollution control, go to the NT Environment Protection Authority website.
- Northern Territory Offsets Framework
Information on the Northern Territory’s Offsets Framework.
- Northern Territory Offsets Principles
The Northern Territory’s Offsets Principles are to be used to guide offsets designs and decision making about all types of offsets that may be used in the Territory.
- Northern Territory Biodiversity Offsets Policy
Development of the Biodiversity Offsets Policy has been prioritised as the next component of the Framework to be developed.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Offsets Policy
The Territory Government has an objective to transition the Territory’s economy to a low carbon economy.
- Offsets Framework Administrative Guidelines
The Administrative Guidelines are currently being developed and are proposed to be finalised by the fourth quarter 2020.
- Northern Territory Offsets Register
The Northern Territory Government has not imposed any requirements for offsets on projects to date.
- Information about offsets
Find out more information about offsets.